With over 7,500 school, colleges, and universities around the world, the Seventh-day Adventist network of educators make up the largest Protestant Christian school system in the world. Yet with so many educators scattered throughout so many nations, it might be easy for an Adventist teacher to feel isolated from their colleagues in other countries. It's with this in mind that the #teachSDA PLN was established:
So in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the othersRomans 12:5
The mission of #teachSDA is to use technology to build connections, cultivate professional growth, and strengthen community among Seventh-day Adventist educators worldwide.While still in its infancy, #teachSDA has a few long-term goals in mind, including:
- Facilitating a weekly worldwide discussion pertaining to a pressing issue in Christian education;
- Archiving chats for later review;
- Hosting a "This Week's Topic" Google Hangout;
- Promoting bottom-up, grassroots ownership of professional development;
- Connecting students, teachers, and schools to one another;
- Building a worldwide professional learning network (PLN) of Adventist educators.
A newsletter "What I Learned @teachSDA" is sent out. Each newsletter includes articles found throughout the week on our twitter feeds, useful programs, applications, and information. Sign up here!
Superintendent of Education
Burton Adventist Academy